Thursday 26 June 2014

The Enigmatic Night

Hi there. Hope we are not too late publishing this very first article of ours. This is one nightmare which literally made me wake up with a jolt and then ask my mom for company. I had experienced it about five weeks back when the most crucial time of my life was going on. My JEE Advance exam was coming up close and the stress which was building up was stifling.

 Like any dream, I of course do not remember how it had started but I found myself seated in a normal taxi. I was returning home that evening from my classes. It was dark outside, more than the usual. The dull grey light of the moon was coming through the old glass window. Although I could feel the taxi moving with a speed much faster than the limit, the people outside seemed to be moving in slow motion. Their silhouettes briefly illuminated by street lamps. That is when, as if something took over the taxi driver, who was till now ignored by my subconscious, pressed the accelerator with all his might and took a sharp turn into one of the narrow moonlit lanes. We kept crashing into the other black shadowy vehicles and screeched onto the footpath but he did not even pause for a second. We were speeding into what felt like no where when I noticed a dust like figure with a vagrant look, even from far, going towards a small shop on the other side of the road. He seemed to be pleading desperately to a person inside the shop, as if asking for help.Although, all I could see was just dark matter inside the little shop, as we passed it by at an amazing speed. Curious to know of what becomes of that man, I turned around to see a hand reaching out to him but before I could realize what it actually was, there was blinding light and the man was dead, long before the gun shot reached my ear. There should have been blood but there was hardly anything that could be seen and the poor man just lay on the side way as if he were asleep. The taxi jerked forward but my eyes were glued to the horrible scene that had unfolded before me moments ago. The darkness and the silence seemed to have become, all of a sudden, much deeper. There was something strange about the vehicle I was seated in. I turned around and to my horror, saw the taxi driver's wicked face for the first time.Giving me a crooked smile, he simply said, "You're next".

Although it is not clear what purpose these dreams serve, or what relationship the content of our disturbing dreams may have to issues concerning our working lives, but what was clear after this dream was that I probably would never travel in a taxi at night alone. Ever.

"Hopes and dreams are like teardrops in the rain,.
They get lost........ in reality."


~Keep Dreaming, Keep Blogging :)



7 comments:

  1. Hey first time blogger, you are doing a fine job.i will be looking forward to your other blogs.well done :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Devina. Thank You so much for reading. We hope you enjoy our future posts as well. :)
      ~ Keep Dreaming, Keep Blogging

      Delete
  2. I'M a Vivid dreamer myself. I've had so many dreams like this. At times, I had 4-5 dreams in one night. My problem is I forget them very quickly & first few minutes of my morning are spent in replaying those scenes & trying to remember what I saw. I'm glad that you remembered and put them in such beautiful words. Keep it up Aparajita. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anamika! Thank You so much for reading. Waoh that must have been terrible :( But it would be awesome if you could remember anything at all. We would absolutely love to write on it. Thanks again! :)
      ~ Keep Dreaming, Keep Blogging

      Delete
  3. Ladies, you both are doing a good job. Expression of your dreams on this blog is powerful. You seem to have very good writing skills. Keep it up.
    Waiting for the next.
    Cheers,
    Anup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anup. Thank You so much for reading. We hope we keep you fascinated with our future posts as well. Thanks again. :)
      ~ Keep Dreaming, Keep Blogging

      Delete
  4. that was indeed frightening
    wish u all the best for more posts

    ReplyDelete