Thursday 26 June 2014

The Glass Lady

Before you start reading this make sure you have read the previous one and left behind your views on it. It would mean a lot to us. I had this dream during the last weeks of December, when I was busy preparing for my pre board examination. The reason why it is still so vivid in my mind, you will find out after reading this post. Hope you enjoy it even more than the last one.

It started with me shopping in one of the various malls in our hub city, which one I obviously don't remember. It seemed like one of my lucky days as I had a lot of shopping bags stuffed in my hand. My mom, who was by my side, was talking to me about something but at that moment all I could think of was the purchases I had made. It was a huge mall, one with delicate glass railings all around the floors. As we reached the next floor, I could hear some murmuring in the crowd. There was a lady who seemed to have lost her balance and was almost on the verge of falling down the escalator. She wasn't just an ordinary woman, she was heavily pregnant. Her face looked sweaty and debilitated as she tried unsuccessfully to balance herself. The next moment she was toppling down the escalator, down till the very end step and crashed into the railing which marked the boundary of the second floor, dropping to the ground like a falling stone succumbing to the power of gravity. She fragmented on the ground just like the glass railings that she had smashed into, as if made of that delicate glass herself. The entire scene had taken place in such quick succession that I had mixed feelings of bafflement, shock, and anger and then at last sympathy and discomfort. It was as if it had made no impact on anyone. People had chosen to ignore her when she was helplessly falling off the escalator. I was perplexed as for some strange reason my own body was not in my control and I was fixed to the ground. The whole world went to a daze. The sight of the disintegrated woman woke me up with a dizzying jolt as my nightmare finally came to an end.


I was awake- my eyelids popping wide open and gasped at what a gruesome night it had been.
"The morning is much brighter after
the worst nightmare,
Than it is after the sweetest dream."
~Keep dreaming,Keep blogging :)


No comments:

Post a Comment